Questions about different types of flooring, recommended cleaning products and methods, design, and installation are frequent. Here are our answers to a few of the most common questions, as well as guide to what to expect if Finney’s will be installing your new floor. We hope this helps!
What to Expect: Before, After, and During Installation
- Remove as many of your furnishings from the room as possible, especially delicate items.
- New hardwood will need to acclimate in your home for at least two days before installation begins.
- Be prepared for some noise and disruption.
- Know that all efforts will be made to minimize dust and debris, but some may occur.
- Know that if we encounter unexpected damage or complications we will notify you to discuss options before doing anything.
- For all hard surfaces, we recommend using entry/exit mats to stop dirt at the door.
- Avoid rubber backed rugs, as they may discolor hardwood, laminate, and vinyl.
- Use felt pads on all furniture legs in hard surface areas to reduce dents and/or scratches. For rolling chairs use a small rug or plastic mat.
- Avoid walking on hardwood with stiletto heals or cleats, as they may cause dents and/or scratches.
- Seasonal humidity change may cause cracks between hardwood boards to appear and disappear, this is normal.
- Last, but not least, use the cleaning product and method recommended for your floor.